Here's a pic of a snake I made with the new subdiv and the dmap brush. I guess my modeling is getting better. I'm thinking about making the dmap paint tool a lot more usable eg. for moral beings to use.
You may have heard the 0.9.6 logo is in concept. It looks like it'll be a Miko like 'mascot' to fit with the release name kagura, and everyone likes animating dancers anyway. I think it's time to show off what you can do with freyja, and a logo character is a good first step. Also being a Miko it gives a chance to have a range of nik-naks like a yumi and o-fuda or maybe even a katana. I did say concept. The WIP will become the alpha tutorial now, and the shishi o-doshi tutorial will be able to be pushed out sooner.
On the slate for next Release:
- Finish up new keyframing.
- More modeling and animation features. TBA
- More usability fixes.
- Edge editing comeback? (bonus)
- Loop knife subdiv? (bonus)
- Lua macros hooked up to new QueryABI.
- LegacyABI dependency removal in UI.
- More refactoring.