What's left to do in 0.9.5?
Mostly a lot of 'housekeeping' and refactoring to remove some code so old it was from when this project had a software renderer. Some things are quiet 'boring' such as rewriting parts of the stl, and things only developers see. Some are very visible and annoying bugs caused by the much needed rewrites of the underpinnings. Please note I'm still doing most of the development from 0000 - 0400 in the morning, so excuse entries that don't make any sense. ^^
From the TODO:
- Do another pass on this file to be sure items aren't already completed.
- Finish OpenGLPrinter, 2d/3d billboard text using libfreetype.
- Verify math library, enforce automated testing at build.
- Fix mouse cursor control. eg: reverse bug, rotation not WYSIWYG, etc
- Basic geometry previews using blend vertices buffer - avoid data mutators.
- Skeletal animation refactor
- Fix remaining FK issues
- Various joint types: hinge, ball&socket, etc
- IK solver and interface
- New Timer for animation playback and keyframe timing
- Bones and bone transforms in same units!
- Finalize delta vs abs bone / keyframe transforms
- Rework weight system to support zeroed weights and grouping
- Merge the two bone rendering systems once debugging is done
- Fix bone bind, bindtoworld setup in libfreyja
- Channels support
- Ordering support
- Type of transform support
- Constraints support
- Texture buffer array per material for: diffuse/normal/gloss/data/dudv/etc
- Replace MaterialEv Load/Save material with libfreyja format+metadata.
- Finish breakup of GUI control into modules.