Thursday, January 3, 2008

freyja 10.x tracer update

I smell success! The tracer/skeleton/prealpha of 10.x is about ready for the new shader system. Hopefully I can use the remaining holiday hours to finish that much up. The 10.x build doesn't even have a new design for the UI yet, which makes sense since the branch was only started a couple of weeks ago. I'm experimenting with going all Lua for the front end and other avenues.

Please only report bugs for the 9.x series now as all major development is on the 10.x branch. Once I have basic animation and mesh editing for 10.x ready I'll post a 'preview' binary for it. Also of note 10.x only has a build system for Linux as of right now. There isn't much use providing Win32 and OS X build support until it gets to a usable state.

Right now 10.x has a stripped down 0.9.x UI with most all of the features ripped out of it due to the complete removal of legacy code in libfreyja and freyja3d ( the UI ). Therefore here's a pic of Yoko Kanno ( she smells like success ) until I get the new material system tracer done and some 'cool screenshots' to show for it.

No comments: