Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Damn the torpedoes

Instead of doing a source release, I just went ahead a jumped over the release schedule. Lua scripting for gtk+, OpenGL, and more are about finished now. Also UI plugins can now draw inside the freyja modeler scene, and aren't just limited to widget elements. I might be releasing two 'big' plugins in regards to midgard. An Octree 'cooker' with support for walkmesh, physics materials, etc. And a very simple IK solver / IK animation test plugin. I told you I'd do a weeks worth of code in a day. The bad news is I have to rewrite a lot of scripts in lua before I can check it in! You were wondering what the catch was! ;)

Like I said the roadmap was going to get turned on its head. I'm now considering breaking up the horrible control / view into plugins sooner now. The main focus has shifted to getting the 'map' editing up and running. I'm going to try and squeeze in metadata entities too.

This update has no affect on kuzu aside from pretty IK based animation coming sooner.

No comments: