Monday, November 19, 2007

freyja moves to lua cont.

The Lua based client has progressed a lot today. As you can see the previous feature set is nearly complete along with some other UI enhancements. All widgets should be done now aside from some minor issues here and there. A few minor widget alignment and fill issues remain as you can see. I also don't have the mouse events completely done yet for mgtk_lua opengl_canvas either. I'm likely going to do a rewrite on the custom canvas widget soon anyway to finish off the new feature list. The new scenegraph tree widget hasn't been shown on the blog until now as well.

I hope to finish up the UI script tomorrow, but until then you can set LUA_UI 0 in the freyja/src/config.h to build the old mlisp based client. As of right now mlisp is still used for events and symbol binding at the core to retain compatibility with both scripting systems. If I can get at least back to the support level the last test build had -- don't look at me like that -- I'll do some binary releases. One of the reasons Lua rollover was bumped is to focus on being more user friendly quicker. I'm also going to start moving some glue / event code into Lua scripts once the next build is done. The next test bulid 0.9.5.17-Lua will mostly be to get the kinks out of the new UI scripting / event system before plowing into other things.

No comments: